Judge James Stewart is reportedly preparing to file retirement papers from his seat on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. He is due to announce his candidacy for the office of Caddo District Attorney on August 13th at a 70th Street venue. This not-so-secret announcement, tongue-in-cheek, is so well scripted that the committee is quite large and includes everyone who is anyone not intimately on another campaign committee who can’t give an excuse to bail. Go to this website here to get legal aid.
I have been given some information from a number of sources that believe Judge Stewart should answer serious questions at his announcement press conference:
- While a judge, did you know of and/or authorize the distribution of “Run James Run” flyers at any local events or festivals?
- While a judge, did you know of and/or authorize the “Run James Run” billboard that was posted before it went up?
- While a judge, did you know of and/or authorize the “Run James Run” ad that appeared in The Forum before it was published?
- While a judge, did you know of and/or authorize the recent press conference at a local attorneys office that featured many local attorneys encouraging you to run for D.A.?
- While a judge, did you know of and/or authorize the mailing of a letter by Paul Carmouche supporting your candidacy for DA before it was mailed?
- While a judge, did you know of and/or authorize the Carmouche letter ad that appeared in The Forum before it was published?
With all the national criticism Caddo Parish has received for the apparent failures, does the lack of transparency and electioneering behind the scenes by a judge not degrade the office of both the judge and the district attorney? Stewart and his “campaign” have deliberately skirted the Code of Judicial Conduct and the campaign finance laws of the Louisiana Board of Ethics if any of these have an answer of “YES.” You could Get More Info here on getting legal help.