It’s hard to look back at some of 2011 without feeling a bit queasy. The year passing has not been kind to the majority in America nor the world at large. And reminiscing about it isn’t easy on those who have had to analyze it or try to put the pieces back together.
So today we are somewhat fortunate to look back in history utilizing the magic of Lego construction to recreate some of the events. We can chuckle, we can be a bit giddy or we can just remember the better events of the lot. Thanks to The Guardian for these wonderful stories and photos!
Here they are as recreated in a fantasy view:
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s ‘first’ kiss on the balcony at Buckingham Palace as a married couple following their wedding at Westminster Abbey
- Barack Obama and his national security team in the now famous photograph of them watching the mission to kill Osama bin Laden unfold in real time
- Barack Obama appears with the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, as they played down the prospect of a double-dip recession
- Rupert Murdoch’s wife Wendi Deng blocks him from getting cream-pied during a hearing of a government select committee hearing on phone hacking
- Rioters clash with police in London, Birmingham and Manchester, as local businesses and buildings are looted and damaged
- Protesters camped out in Zuccotti Park as part of the Occupy Wall Street movement, sparking copycat demonstrations across the globe
- Fighting continues in Libya between anti-Gaddafi forces and loyalists, as the rebels mount a massive attack on Muammar Gaddafi’s hometown of Sirte
- A police officer pepper sprays students at a protest in California sparked a series of online memes, as Xeni Jardin explains
- Lego makes the news for real this time as a Lego Christmas tree is erected in London
- 11/11/11 remembered