(Originally posted at www.debbiebuchananengle.blogspot.com on 11/19/10)
Our governor recently released a book, Leadership and Crisis.
He is now conducting fund-raising events around the country.
I have not read the book, and I don’t intend to read the book. I will not contribute to his fund-raising efforts, either. I have experienced his leadership first-hand, and the devastating crises that have resulted.
- http://www.labudget.org/lbp/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/louisianas-fiscal-crisis1.pdf (Louisiana Budget Project report on alternatives to Jindal’s cuts to human services)
- www.projectcrisiscall.com (Student protest of ongoing higher education funding cuts)
- http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/otheropinions/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1289892019241500.xml&coll=1 (Dept. of Health & Hospitals/Medicaid/prescription cuts)
- http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/108327999.html (“unexpected” $42 million education budget shortfall)
- http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/105005259.html (Education & social service funding cuts)
- http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20101114/ARTICLES/101119609/1211/news01?Title=Opposition-to-Jindal-8217-s-Medicaid-plan-mounting- (Healthcare funding cuts)
- http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20101117/NEWS04/11170341/Budget-cuts-to-ripple-through-system?GID=vp6Fmy+mxwcQy9xPwbdWl6hEQnef9pFMEfK298tXJ60%3D (Education funding cuts)
- http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20101112/NEWS04/11120320/School-officials-fume-over-funding-loss (Education funding cuts)
- http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=13515308 (100% cut to NWLA Food Bank)
- http://www.jindalwatch.com/wheresbobby/ (our absentee governor on the prowl for book sales and campaign contributions)
- http://www.csmonitor.com/From-the-news-wires/2010/0627/Bobby-Jindal-vetoes-bill-to-open-his-office-s-records-on-oil-spill (Jindal’s refusal of transparency regarding the BP oil spill)
- www.citizensforethics.org/node/45314 (DC-based ethics group finds Jindal among US’s worst governors)
- http://www.abc26.com/news/local/state-budget-cuts-news-wgno,0,6973618.story (Jindal cuts health care to balance state budget)
- http://www.doa.louisiana.gov/opb/pub/FY11/FY10-11_StateBudget.pdf (2010-2011 Louisiana State Budget)
- http://www.dailykingfish.com/diary/472/ (Jindal’s campaign for ethics reform; he violated state campaign finance laws by accepting corporate contributions)